About the vacancyAs a Piping Design Trainee, you develop yourself into a Piping Design Engineer through a 2-year traineeship. You work full-time (37 to 40 hours per week) and receive classroom lessons every other week in the evening from an experienced Piping Engineer.
Piping Engineering is a challenging field for engineers with a good dose of creativity and spatial insight. A large part of the work involves designing the piping systems using 2D and 3D software. You will gradually learn what you need to take into account when designing these systems, including material selection, stress and pipe supporting, expansion of the pipes, required accessories, and so on.
Because pipes are often the connecting element of larger installations, it is important that you work well with other technical specialists. So you must enjoy working in a team with other engineers, as well as tinkering with your design independently.
Our client is a company specialized in the Offshore. They make, among other things, FPSOs (Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading). They possess these in-house but also make them on behalf of customers worldwide. The engineering process is carried out in the Netherlands, but the actual making of these FPSOs, for example, in the ports of China or Kuala Lumpur, Brasa in Brazil or Paenal in Angola.
Tasks and activities
- Drawing up a Piping Plan and 2D detail drawings, such as layout drawings and P&IDs;
- Modeling pipes and equipment in 3D software (Autodesk Plant 3D, PDMS, E3D, Inventor or SolidWorks);
- Modeling steelwork, such as platforms, piperacks and frames;
- Drafting and checking generated isometrics;
- Measuring pipes on site;
- Prepare as-built drawings;
- Installing pipe supports;
- Adjust the design based on feedback from the customer and project manager;
- Assess whether the designs conform to the applicable norms and standards.
- You have completed a HBO education in mechanical engineering, or you will complete it soon;
- You are willing to continue to develop yourself through courses and following the piping training;
- You are familiar with 2D and 3D design software from your studies or work, such as AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks;
- You have a maximum of 2 years of work experience since completing your studies;
- You have good communication skills and are eager to learn;
- You enjoy working in a team and can also work independently;
- You have a good command of the Dutch (Pré) and English language (must), spoken and written.
- A permanent job;
- A good salary based on education and experience;
- Holiday allowance (8,33%) and minimum 25 days paid holiday;
- Net expense allowance of +/- €500 on an annual basis;
- A pension plan and option to participate in collective health insurance;
- Free education and training at our own Academy;
- If desired, guidance from a specialist in your field.
- You have to already be residing in the Netherlands in order for your application to be considered!
- Education Advanced technical college
- Experience level Starter (0 yrs experience)
- Type of contract Traineeship
- Duration of assignment 2 years
- Location Rotterdam AREA
- Start In agreement
- Reference ID 26945
Applying for Piping Design Trainee
Applying for Piping Design Trainee
- Advanced technical college
You will receive a confirmation email from us about your application and we will contact you as soon as possible.Something went wrong!
Something went wrong while sending your application. Try again or contact us.